Excel is well-known in the business world for spreadsheets and math, and did you know that Excel can even create a 3D Animated Coaster!
This book “I Wish I Knew How to … Program Excel 2016 with Xojo in Windows” goes into the numerous options of programming Excel.
With the many great improvements and updates to both Xojo and Microsoft Excel, the 2016 version contains many code updates.
The ‘I Wish I Knew’ series contains technical data and advice that makes sense and contains practical and numerous examples with explanations to allow you to ease into the steep programming curve. You can create Microsoft Excel applications today!
Click to download the Excel 2016 Xojo Table of Contents.
There are over 12 chapters with more than 270 pages with over 100 example programs. The book is a live document and will likely have updates in the future.
Examples include graphing, pivot tables, speaking in Excel, printing pages, sorting, saving Excel files to PDF, and more. Many screenshots have been added to show the results of the code with a full index to help find topics quickly.The book is in PDF format with example chapter folders containing Xojo source code and running examples.
This ebook is a pdf formatted document and all examples include Xojo code. This is one of many books which can be purchased at Xojo Library.
Note: Microsoft Office must be installed for this to work.
New to Version 3.0 – March 2016
- Bring the Xojo application in front of the Excel program (Other-3)
- Count Total Rows with Data (Example 10-12)
- Count Individual Rows with Data (Example 10-13)
- Convert Serial Date:Time to Gregorian Calendar Format (Example 4-12)
- Select Rows and Columns at the same time (Example 10-14)
- Clear Column Cell Data (Example 3-20)
- Clear Row Cell Data (Example 3-21)
- Delete Column Cell Data (Example 3-22)
- Delete Row Cell Data (Example 3-23)
- Move Worksheet (Example 3-24)
- Updated Xojo projects to the new Xojo format
- Updated to 2016 Excel
- Rbp to xojo_binary_project files
- Tested all projects
- Updated screen grabs
- Application framework updates
- Update sheet activate (Example 3-15)
- Make book and supplied example match (Example 4-6 and 4-7)
- Updated Gantt Chart (Example 4-9)
- Updated Pie Chart (Example 4-11)
- Total editing time is not available in Excel but is in Word (Example 5-1)
- The Office arguement is now case sensitive for Example 5-3
- Added detection of Excel 2016 (Example 5-13)
- Updated and added vertical and horizontal print quality (Example 6-9)
- Get and Set paper size (Example 6-10)
- Added Office System Driver location for Example 11-1 – Access Database
- Added Speedometer Gauge example (Example 7-14)