With Microsoft Word is celebrating its 30th birthday this year it would be remiss to mention that the codename for Word 1.1 was ‘Bill the Cat’ which is very popular and has sold many figurines just as Word has sold many copies.
If you need reports that can be edited after printing, or can be saved in multiple formats such as the common docx or pdf format, then this book is for you.
Most business applications require the famous Windows operating system and is the standard around the world. This book provides an introductory and intermediate steps with over 100 examples to get you on your way to make successful applications.
There is one plugin which is supplied by Xojo that needs to be included in the Plugins folder. This book contains over 250 pages and explains every example in detail.
- Printing Tables
- Text modification
- Mail Merging
- ...and more!
Download the Table Of Contents to view the book topics.The book is in PDF format with example chapter folders containing Xojo source code and running examples.
This is one of the many books available for Xojo programming at Xojo Library where many great Xojo and Real Studio resources are available.
New to Version 2.0 – October 2013
This version has the following material added:
- Updated examples to the new Xojo format
- Integrated instructions for the new GUI Xojo style
- Updated and expanded index to easier find methods
- Plugin addition instructions
- Added open password protected file (Example 2-7)
- Modify example 3-6 example window title
- Default example files to C:\test\ folder
- Change Example 3-6 Colour example for fifth word
- Update Example 4-7 window title
- Change Example 6-1 window header
- Rename Example 7-3 file
- Added Table Cell Shading (Example 9-17)
- Update Example 10-5
- Updated Example 10-6 filename
- Update Example 11-3 Printer Settings
- Feedback request 21378 has been fixed for InchesTo… conversion (11-4)
- Updated and added references to Index
- Updated Table of Contents
New to Version 2.2 – September 2015
- Added save PDF file
- Added htm file saving
- Added 25 different file save types
- Added highlighting text (Example 3-11)
- Added unhighlighting text (Example 3-12)
- Add a picture to a table (Example 9-18)
New to Version 2.3 - September 2016
- Added UTF-8 SaveAs2 file types (Example 2-10)
- Added UTF-8 Open file types (Example 2-11)
- List all open Word Documents (Example 2-12)
- Search for a specific running document (Example 2-13)
- Silently close a specific document (Example 2-14)